Teeth vs Beverages
I think that coffee is going to stain the egg shell the worst after that I feel like it will be coke, tea, and then I think that cranberry juice is going to stain the egg shell the least of them all.
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED SLIDE SHOW FOR MORE DETAIL ON THE PROJECT.
Tested 4 different liquids (coke, coffee, tea and cranberry juice) effects on staining of teeth.
Controlled - egg shells from the same carton of eggs, for all experiments
Manipulated - the type of liquid I put the shells into
Responding - the final colour of the egg shell
1. Use a push pin and a straw to hollow out 4 eggs to get the shells.
2. Pour the same amount of each liquid into 4 separate containers. (coke, coffee, tea and cranberry juice)
3. Remove shells from the liquid after 24 hours and record observations into the observation table.
4. After observations, place the shells back into the liquid.
5. Repeat step 3 and 4 until the end of the 3 day trial.
6. After recording final observations, clean up work space and dispose of the used shells.
Shells got darker after each 24 hour observation, some more than others. Coke ended up staining the egg the most.
Table of results and pictures of the results each 24 hour period.
The coke was the darkest of them all but then coffee was pretty close to the coke. The cranberry juice was the third and the tea was the lightest of them all at the end.
To see if drinking different liquids has an affect on human teeth.
Sources Of Error
The coffee and tea liquids may not have been the exact same strenghth each time. (ex. the coffee might have been stronger the first time and not as strong the second time).
My Mom, teachers and the school.