I did an innovation project.
The problem I was trying to solve was how to stop snow from getting into my shoes.
step 1 . Measure out the length and width
Of the material
step 2 . Cut out the measured material
step 3 . Measure out the velcro
step 4 . Cut out the measured velcro
step 5 . Sew the velcro onto the material
step 6 . Test and make observations
step 7 . To improve, redo this process with
observations in mind
I think I did a good job trying to solve the problem, and at the end the result was an effective prototype. The innovation stops snow from getting into my shoes.
The final prototype only let through 0.5 ml of snow compared to 0.3 ml of snow without the final prototype. This means the prototype is six times more effective than not wearing the prototype.
My mom helped me with the sewing and helped me to make the video
My grandma helped me with some ideas for the new prototypes
Mr. Blakney helped me get the idea and he helped me with some background reserch
Mrs. Burkell is the science coordinator for my school (R.T.A)